Monday, November 17, 2008

MADGE FRIEL'S GOLD WATCH

THE GOLD WATCH

This was a beautiful solid 14 carat gold gentleman's hob watch and chain. It was held in Madge Friel's safety deposit box in the Ulster Bank, Letterkenny, and was never seen by either myself of my husband until I, as one of the Executors of Mrs. Friel's Will, collected it AFTER her death.

The watch was in it's original box together with the original recipt dated 15th of August 1896. At that time I took a photograph of the watch, it's box and the original receipt::





THE LIE:

From the Affidavit of Daniel Gallagher dated 2nd of July 2007:

4. Father McMahon P.P. Termon never got his gold watch before he died

THE TRUTH:

Fr. McMahon died on the 5th of February 2006. He collected the watch in person in our office on the 31st of January 2002. FOUR YEARS BEFORE HE DIED.

I rang Fr. McMahon following Madge Friel's death to inform him that Mrs. Friel had left him her gold watch. Fr. McMahon duly called to our offices to collect said watch. I had him sign for same and here is the receipt:


Further, upon subsequently hearing of the accusations of the Gallaghers in this matter I telephoned the Bishops secretary in Letterkenny to find out who the Executors of Fr. McMahon's Will were.

He told me that the Rt. Rev. Monsignor Daniel Carr, Parish Priest, St. Johnston, County Donegal, and Fr. McMahon's nephew, an accountant in Dublin were the Executors. My husband and myself then visited Monsignor Carr who in turn contacted the nephew of Fr. McMahon who wrote to confirm that the watch had been in the home of Fr. McMahon when he went to clear the house following his uncle's death.

Further, Monsignor Carr who was very familiar with Fr. McMahon's signature having worked with him for many years, confirmed that the signature on the above receipt was definately that of Fr. McMahon.

The case of the gold watch of Mrs. Friel is but one example of the many lies of Daniel and Elva Gallagher, all of which will be exposed by me on this blog in due course.